Our commitment to accessibility
We are committed to providing online banking services that are accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of this service and in doing so, adhere to internationally accepted guidelines and standards.
We seek to ensure that this service is accessible to people who use assistive technology, like screen readers, and those unable to use a mouse or other pointing devices.
Accessibility features on this service include:
- Use of sufficient contrast between foreground and background colours
- Text elements that can be resized
- Links that have visible focus styles to assist those only using a keyboard, to help maintain their orientation
- Correct use of headings, with a logical outline to assist those using screen reading devices
- Correct use of tables to display appropriate tabular information, with headings and captions to assist those using screen reading devices
- Use of cascading style sheets (CSS) to control the presentation of our website, keeping the presentation separated from the structure assists those using screen reading devices.
This service has been built using code that is compliant with the latest World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org) standards for HTML and is fully compatible with the following to operating systems and internet browsers, and when used together will provide the optimum experience:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and newer, with either Internet Explorer 9.0 and newer, Google Chrome™ 42.0 and newer or Mozilla Firefox 37.0 and newer
- Apple OS X with Safari 8.0
Our use of valid HTML means it should also display correctly in any future internet browsers are released. Other internet browsers or versions may also be used, however we regret at the present time we are unable to provide technical support for them and you may experience minor issues such as misaligned text, images or text boxes, or more serve issues such as features not working correctly.
For your security and convenience we regularly test HSBC Online Banking on new internet browsers and aim to resolve any issues quickly to ensure that we maintain the highest standards for you.
We use accessibility testing tools and perform periodic accessibility audits of this service. Whilst we strive to adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG) at a minimum “Level AA” rating, rapid changes in technology mean is it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the service. We are, however, continually seeking solutions to address any accessibility issues identified.
Microsoft, Encarta, MSN, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc., used with permission. Firefox is a trademark of the Mozilla Foundation. Apple, OS X and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.